Hud was appointed to be the Prophet of Ad tribe. Ad, a fourth generation descendant of Noah. Hud and his people lived in the Yemeni province of Hadramawt. This region is at the southern end of the Arabian Peninsula, in an area of curved sand hills. Continue Reading →
Category Archives: Articles
Idris -The third of the Prophets
Idris is the third of the Prophets.He was the 5th generation of the Prophet Adam. He was born and raised in Babylon following the teachings and religion of Prophet Adam (pbuh) and his son Seth (pbuh). Then God made him a Prophet and Messenger. Continue Reading →
Prophet Seth- Second Prophet of Islam
Sheth was the third son of the Prophet Adam (pbuh). When Sheth was born, his father, the Prophet Adam (pbuh), had attained the age of 130 years. Continue Reading →
The story of Adam and Hawa- Beginning of mankind
Allah made the mountains, the seas and all the animals. He made the heavens, the stars, the sun and the moon. And he made the angels. The angels were like Allah’s servants and did everything He ordered.Then Allah decided to make a man. He called this first man Adam. Continue Reading →
Quranic Names for boys and girls
So I’ve been reading (and there is always room for improvement of course) in an Arabic & English Quran since I last posted.
- Abrar: Obedient believers. (Last Juz, maybe surah Inshiqaq)
- Tasneem : Water in Paradise that falls from heights. (Last Juz)
- LuLu: Pearl. For girls. (Surah Ar Rahman)
- Marjaan: Coral. For girls. (Surah Ar Rahman. The ayah goes “lu’lu’ wal marjaan’ so these could be the name of twin girls maybe)
- Bayaan: Eloquent demonstration. For both boys and girls, but it is more popular for girls. (Surah Ar Rahman.)
- Bayyinah: Truth that is demonstrated eloquently, Allah uses this adjective to describe the Quran. It is derived from the same root as the previous name. For girls only. (Last Juz)
- Illiyeen: The noble book that contains the deeds of righteous people on the Day of Judgement. For females. You could call her Lily for short (Last Juz.)
- Shams: The Sun. For boys. Can be made feminine name by saying Shamsah.(All over the Quran)
- Nur: Light. For girls. (as in sunlight). (Many places in the Quran)
- Kareem: Generous. (Many places in the Quran)
- Naeem: Bountiful. For boys. (Last juz, Mutafifeen)
- Majeed : One who has greatness and valor. For boys only, its feminine form is Majeedah. (Last juz, Buruj)
- Salsabil: It’s the name of fountain in Paradise. For girls. (Insaan.)
- Raadiyah: Someone who is content. For girls only. (Last juz, Gaashiya.)
- Raadhi: Someone who is content, for boys.
I’d love it if others could add to the list. I’d like to compile a long list of names some day and pass them out to friends that are pregnant.
Fashion in Islam – Can fashion and Islam coexist comfortably?
Fashion in Islam, In earlier times the Islamic women clothing was only available in simple fabrics in limited colors such as
white and black only. As the time passed by, a lot of innovation and advancement has been witnessed
and the styles and colors of these modest clothing have been changed and a variety of choices are
available to choose from. Continue Reading →