Happiness is the only goal on earth that all people without exception are
seeking to attain. Believers and non-believers alike seek to be happy, but
each party is using different methods.
However, only believers can achieve genuine happiness. All forms of
happiness attained without a firm belief in God, the Almighty, are mere
*The following are some tips to achieve happiness:*
· Know that if you do not live within the scope of today, your
thoughts will be scattered, your affairs will become confused, and your
anxiety will increase. These facts are explained in the following Ahadith:
“When you are in the evening, do not expect to see the morning, and
when you are in the morning, do not expect to see the evening.” *(Saheeh
· Forget the past and all that it contained, focus on the present.
· Do not completely preoccupy yourself with the future and then
discard the present. Be balanced in life, prepare yourself adequately for
· Do not be shaken by criticism; instead, be firm. Be sure that in
proportion to your worth, the level of people’s criticism rises. Also, make
good use of criticism in discovering your shortcomings and faults, and let
it drive you toward self-improvement.
· Have complete faith in God and perform good deeds; these are the
ingredients that make up a good and happy life.
· If you desire peace, tranquility and comfort, you can find it all
in the remembrance of God.
· You should know with certainty that everything that happens,
occurs in accordance with the divine decree.
· Do not expect gratitude from anyone.
· Train yourself to be prepared for the worst.
· Perhaps what has happened is in your best interest, even though
you may not comprehend how that can be so.
· Everything that is decreed for the believer is the best for him.
· Enumerate the blessings of God and be thankful for them.
· Remember that you are better-off than many others.
· Relief comes from one hour to the next. Indeed, with each
difficulty there is relief.
· In both times of hardship and ease, one should turn to
supplication and prayer, either patiently contented or thankful.
· Calamities should strengthen your heart and reshape your outlook
in a positive way.
· Do not let trivialities be the cause of your undoing.
· Always remember that your God is Oft-Forgiving.
· Assume an easy-going attitude and avoid anger.
· Life is bread, water and shade; so do not be perturbed by a lack
of any other material thing.
· “And in the heaven is your providence and that which you are
promised.” *(Qur’an 51:22)*
· A daunting misfortune that seemingly will happen usually never
· Look at those who have more afflictions and be grateful that you
· Bear in mind the fact that God loves those who endure trials with
steadfastness, so seek to be one of them.
· Constantly repeat those supplications that the Prophet, may the
mercy and blessings of God be upon him, taught us to say during times of
· Work hard at something that is productive, and cast off idleness.
· Do not spread rumors and do not listen to them. If you hear a
rumor inadvertently, do not believe it.
· Know that your malice and your desire to seek revenge are much
more harmful to your health than they are to your antagonist.
· The hardships that befall you atone for your sins, if you endure
-by Ayed Al-Qarni